Sunday, May 2, 2010

Green Olive Baked Chicken

This is one for the books I have made this recipe for years and after making it again last night I just had to put it up here today for you guys to try out.

You'll need:

4 Chicken Breasts

4 TBLS Olive Oil

1 yellow pepper cut into chunks

1 orange pepper cut into chunks

1 package of mushrooms

4-6 TBLS heavy cream

1 can of diced tomatoes

1 cup green olives sliced

1 yellow onion chopped

2 garlic cloves crushed

2/3 cup of dry white wine

pasta

Ok, I'm going to make this simple:


  • Preheat oven to 375


  • In a saute pan add the olive oil, once heated add chicken to the pan and brown on both sides. Take out and set aside


  • Add the onion and garlic, saute until translucent.


  • Add peppers and mushrooms to the pan and saute for 3-4 min.


  • Add the tomatoes and season to taste with Salt and Pepper


  • Transfer the veggies into a casserole dish and arrange chicken on top


  • Add wine to pan and heat to a boil remove from heat and add the cream and olives


  • mix together and pour over the chicken, cover and bake for 30-40min.


  • Boil pasta


  • Serve over your favorite pasta

I love to have a dirty martini while a make this dish :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment