Tantrums In Public

We've all been there...going through the check out lane with our kids and they see the treats and candy that has been placed there by the clerks. Or for some it happens in the isles of the store before we even reach the checkout when our kids see all the wonderful things that they can't have. I'm mentioning this because when I was at World Market finishing up my shopping this week with my youngest and I heard a tantrum happening at the front of the store. Not just a normal everyday tantrum... this one could be heard by the men stocking the shelves all the way in the back. I've seen this a few times and have absolutely been there myself a few times too. I never knew what triggered it maybe it was due to a much needed nap or was is was because they were going through a phase, between 3-4 was the hardest for me. But I wanted to somehow let that mom know that we were all on the same team and not to be embarrassed, because at one time or another all of our kids have had total meltdowns in public. And then we are struck with trying to calm them down and discipline at the same time. It it happens to the best of us and don't worry you're still a good mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment