Monday, May 17, 2010
What I Love About Being A Mom
There are lots of times throughout my week when I stop at any given moment and think to myself "See, this is what I love about being a mom". I've always been a playful adult before having kids and love that I have the opportunity now to play again. I love for instance when my son says "Mom, can we play Candyland?" I really enjoy sitting down with him and getting lost in the moment, one that I built memories on as a kid. Hide and seek is another favorite, we dance to old 90's music that I have saved...you know the ones I'm talking about...gonna make you sweat, Tone Loc, Marky Mark. We roll together down the hill at the park, we make a mess baking cookies, play pirates. Any excuse to help them use their imaginations is a great moment for me. I've noticed over the years parents that don't play much with their kids because they are "too busy". In the beginning I had to literally train myself to be mindful that life is short, they grow up so fast, and there will come a day when they won't need me as much. So, that said....I let the dishes go sometimes, and try not to be on my laptop until nap time or evenings, the laundry sometimes gets left until the weekend. But I'm enjoying life and loving every minute of it. So, let yourself become a child again sometimes because I assure you it's worth every minute. Because sometimes as an adult we lose the ability to connect with our inner child.
Labels:
childhood,
children,
mom stories,
mommy blog,
Motherhood,
parenting,
pregnancy,
toddlers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment