Saturday, July 3, 2010

Baby Locked In The Car

What a day today...I decided to take my two kids to the park and it started out fine, then my 5 year old son thought it would be funny to hide from me but not tell me that he wanted to play hide and seek. So, I had a minor heart attack while I tried to remain calm and looked for him for 10mins that felt like an hour. I remember doing that to my my mom in department stores as a kid, inside of the clothing racks, I thought it was so hilarious but she assured me that it was not. It's funny how you really do understand what your parents went through once you become a parent. Then I thought I'd follow my daughter to the jungle gym by hoping up onto the second level. I did not see that there was a low hanging metal bar and hit the top of my head so hard that I literally could see for a few seconds. So, I thought it's definately time to get going, we head to the car and I put my one year old daughter Avery in her car seat. My cell phone rings so I set my keys on the drivers seat and reach over the grab it. It's my husband, we're talking and I shut my door and Avery's door and walk around to put my son, Owen in on the other side. I can't get his door open, IT'S LOCKED. I don't know how but Avery is locked in the car with Owen and I outside and it's 90 degree. I was on the phone with my hubby at the time so I say can you bring the spare key and after discussing where it might be..I realize that it is in my purse in the car! I left the sunroof tilted open but could never fit through it, so I jump on top of the car and try to prey it open. This is a full parking lot at a huge park with people everywhere. I called 3 locksmiths and nothing, it's Sat. with no one open. I called 911 within about 3 min of the door getting locked. and luckily they arrived in 5 min and got her out. She was still happy as ever but red cheeks and super sweaty from the heat. I swear, these three incidents just about wore me out today and my head is still throbbing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment